I’ve moved 9 times in the past 16 years as a married wife and Mother. Each time it has been crazy. Each time it gets a little better. We still do not own our own home and want to, so another move will be in the works in the next few years or so.
Here are a few tips that I have found extremely helpful:
- Start early: 6-8 weeks in advance. Start getting rid of all the stuff you don’t want to have in your new home/ stuff you haven’t used in over a year.
- Get strong, sturdy boxes. Fill them up all the way- putting pillows or towels on the top.
- Wrap your furniture in those plastic rolls you can buy- it really helps with any nicks and scratches!
- Get help the last week or so- you are going to need it!
- Leave your picture up on the wall until the last few days- it makes home still feel like a home.